Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing to another gateway 3750

cornishgod
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there looking for some help

I have a Cisco Catalyst 3750 setup with multiple vlans with all traffic going through a PIX (Gatway A) IP route 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 10.10.10.1

There is a second Gateway/Firewall(B) 192.168.172.1 which we use for a couple of older systems, for dial in support we also route any traffic for these outside clients through this gateway using the IP route command

I have a PC in my office which I have assigned a static IP 192.168.172.10 what I want is for this PC to use the second Gateway (B) and not gateway A

So how do I get the switch to forward all traffic from particular IP address to the second gateway?

5 Replies 5

vijayasankar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Kindly let us know regarding your setup in detail, which will assist to you provide you a correct suggestion.

If your PC is on 192.168.172.10, which is the same subnet as that of your Gateway(B) 192.168.172.1, then all you have to do is specify gateway B as your default gateway in your PC.

If this is not possible in your setup, then kindly explain more regarding your setup,

1) where is your pc located?

2) Where is your gateway 2 located?

3) Are they are part of same vlan?

4) How is the gateway A and gateway B connected in your network?

Feel free to get back to us, if you need any further clarifications.

Hope this helps.

-VJ

Sorry I have just re-read what I have done

I will try and explain a little more.

This PC sits in VLAN300 its DG is 192.168.172.1 the IP of the interface for the second Gateway/Firewall is 192.168.172.254

I want all computers(just one PC) to use this firewall for the internet

Sorry for the confussion in the original post

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

If my understanding is correct, then the default gateway for vlan 300 is 192.168.172.1( A)

The ip address of another firewall is 192.168.172.254.

You want only one PC to use this firewall as default gateway.

If this is correct, then you can simply point the default gateway on this PC to 192.168.172.254, as stated in my original post.

If this is not possible, then i would like to understand fully regarding your setup, to help you.

Hope this helps.

-VJ

I thought the Default gateway had to be the VLANS ip ie. 192.168.172.1 I didnt realise that I could point it straight at the interface of the firewall.

I will try and let you know.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco