Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing with 3 FE ports

pablosorella
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning,

I need to implement a roting scenario with a Cisco Router with 3 FE interfaces. But i did not found a 2800 series with this caracteristics. Can I use a HWIC-4ESW to resolve this problem? (because HWIC-1FE is in EOS, it is true?)

Thanks

Pablo Sorella

5 Replies 5

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Pablo-

You could also use NM-1E or NM-1GE, however the

HWIC-4ESW will work too.

HTH and please rate.

Thank you for your answer.

But i don?t found the NM-1E or NM-1GE in the Cisco configuration tool when I have configuring a Cisco2811.

The HWIC-4ESW is a routeavle interface? Are You sure? Because I read that is a Layer 2 Switch.

Thanks

Strange, I get the same message. Anyway the HWIC-4ESW will work and yes it is a 4-port switch. You will need to configure a VLAN interface on the router and that will be your 3rd routing interface. The switchports will be in that vlan, just connect your devices/other switch to it and away you go.

keduncan
Level 1
Level 1

Yes you can use the HWIC-4ESW card to resolve the problem. This card is a switch card so, you will need to use VLANs and different cables. X-over if you are connecting to a switch where on the built in ports going to a switch does not require a x-over cable.

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Looks like those cards are not supported, sorry. However you can use the HWIC-1GE-SFP and the appropriate SFP or the HWIC-4ESW.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card