Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Routing with 3 FE ports

Good Morning,

I need to implement a roting scenario with a Cisco Router with 3 FE interfaces. But i did not found a 2800 series with this caracteristics. Can I use a HWIC-4ESW to resolve this problem? (because HWIC-1FE is in EOS, it is true?)

Thanks

Pablo Sorella

5 REPLIES

Re: Routing with 3 FE ports

Pablo-

You could also use NM-1E or NM-1GE, however the

HWIC-4ESW will work too.

HTH and please rate.

Thank you for your answer.

But i don?t found the NM-1E or NM-1GE in the Cisco configuration tool when I have configuring a Cisco2811.

The HWIC-4ESW is a routeavle interface? Are You sure? Because I read that is a Layer 2 Switch.

Thanks

Strange, I get the same message. Anyway the HWIC-4ESW will work and yes it is a 4-port switch. You will need to configure a VLAN interface on the router and that will be your 3rd routing interface. The switchports will be in that vlan, just connect your devices/other switch to it and away you go.

Yes you can use the HWIC-4ESW card to resolve the problem. This card is a switch card so, you will need to use VLANs and different cables. X-over if you are connecting to a switch where on the built in ports going to a switch does not require a x-over cable.

Looks like those cards are not supported, sorry. However you can use the HWIC-1GE-SFP and the appropriate SFP or the HWIC-4ESW.

Views
Helpful
Replies