Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

routing

Hello,

I Have a two separate isp's with two different routers, I want to do routing between.

but the condition is of these two routers one is limited and other is unlimited data. one data limited isp is used for the wireless purpose and unlimited data isp is used for lan with one server. I want to make the route between them the devices that are connected to the wireless router should access the lan network. The devices from the lan should only access the internet through unlimited data isp and if this goes down only in this case the lan network used use the limited data isp

6 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Hello,

Hello,

how are both routers connected to your LAN ? Are they interconnected as well ?

one router with unlimited

one router with unlimited data is connected to my lan .. another router with limited data is used for wireless devices like laptop etc.

now i want to make routing between them for the first time. Because i want the devices on the wireless network should access my server and when ever the unlimited data connection goes down i want to use the limited data connection on lan. unless the link goes down i dont want to use the limited data connection

Hi

Hi

In few words you want redundancy for the LAN network only, is that correct? You could use default routes on both routers but not advertise them into a dynamic protocol, with this way the users behind the routers never change the path to Internet, they will be using their assigned ISP.

Now if the LAN (unlimited) wants redundancy, you could make:

- Create static routes or dynamic protocols between both routers to advertise their networks, so the wireless network will be able to reach the server behind the unlimited router. 
- Include the LAN prefix into the NAT ACL on the limited router.
- Use IP SLA + Track to the default route + EEM to create an automatic procedure to move the Internet traffic from LAN (unlimited router) to the limited router.

Hope it is useful

:-)

Thanks for what you have said

Thanks for what you have said. I added another router in between them to create a extra hop. and Used ripv2 protocol for routing. Its working, but i forgot to  nat them....once again thanks for the support.I will try it now.

Any time my friend.

Any time my friend.

I will be here for any additional assistance. 

Have a good day.

:-)

Hi, 

Hi, 

am totally confused in doing this, please help me am sending an attachment regarding my scenario.

there are three cases

1.The devices that are in limited network should access the lan in the unlimited network

2.incase the unlimited data link goes down, The lan should use the net of limited data

3. lan network should not access the limited data link if unlimited data link is up

Views
Helpful
Replies