Cisco Support Community
Community Member

i am bit confuse on a simple routing thing.........i am working on one of the sites.....we have 4 sites around the i want to configure my router for on wan link i am gonna use FR (2mbps) a backup i want to use adsl (1 Mbps) if my wan connection is down automatically my adsl shd be design says that i have to run ospf on my wan and on my lan for routing.....but my lan ppl will be using internet as can u plz help me out with the configuration.......i know how to configure floating static check my config below and plz guide me

router(config)# router ospf 1

router (router-config)# network 210.X.X.22 area 0 (this is my serial ip)

router (router-config)# redistribute conected subnets

now plz help me how to configure static routes like for ppl how want to use internet on lan plus floating routes for back up........thanks in advance

Re: Routung

The "redistribute connected" will be fine, because if the primary FR down and ADSL up, the ADSL subnet will also be redistributed into OSPF due to the "connected" command. But there will be no OSPF running in this ADSL link and you may require multiple static routes for the remote sites.

Moreover, if you want to let LAN to enable OSPF (advertise OSPF route via LAN), you will require "network" command to include the LAN interface subnet.

If you still have the problem, please post the config of main and remote sites. Let us understand the design more.

If there is only four sites, you can use static route to simplier the config. and not require to enable OSPF.

Hope this helps.

CreatePlease to create content