cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RSVP Cisco 3845

ajsmith81
Level 1
Level 1

I am sure this is an easy one but it had us stumped for a few days. We have numerous Konica Minotla print devices/MFP on a network which uses Cisco 3845 routers and 3560 switches. Periodically, the devices would drop off the network and not respond to ping commands even though the copier/printer seemed happy. After restart all would be fine again(happends 3-4 times a day) We decided to do a protocol trace to see what could be causing this. Long story short(there is alot more that happened if you want to know), It turns out that when the Cisco 3845 sends an RSVP request to the printer/MFP it drops the network card in the printers. I need to know if I can configure the cisco 3845 router to not send RSVP requests to the IP address of the printer/MFP only without causing any other problems with the network?

FYI

Konica Minolta Japan have now confirmed that there print architecture does not support , or indeed like the RSVP requests and will cause instant failure.

1 Reply 1

mheusing
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Why is the RSVP packet sent in the first place?

To my understanding RSVP is not really needed other than in some special cases (IntServ, MPLS TE). As such you could likely turn off RSVP completely.

Can you show us your configurations?

Regards, Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: