Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

RV082: Ping Default Gateway Fail on IXP1

I've been having random loss of WAN connectivity with this router.  Somehow it gets connection back after couple hours.  After looking at the log file, I see the above ping error show up every few days.  Can someone tell me what this error means and how I resolve it?

Everyone's tags (2)
2 REPLIES

Re: RV082: Ping Default Gateway Fail on IXP1

This happens to me as well and is extremely frustrating.  I went as far as buying another RV082 thinking that may be the issue.  At first, the new device worked great but for the past several months I have started experiencing this issue again - and it happens several times in a day.  When it occurs, I restart the router and that fixes the problem but there must be a reason this is happening.

My RV082 is connected to a Scientific Atlanta 2203C cable modem and I have Cablevision as my ISP provider.  I also have the latest Firmware loaded - 2.0.0.19-tm.  Connected to the network is a Linksys wireless router, a TeraStation network storage device, a Sonos music system, an HP printer, a Mac laptop, and a couple of Windows laptops.

Any help on router settings to check/change would be appreciated as this behavior is rendering this device unusable.

Re: RV082: Ping Default Gateway Fail on IXP1

I am experiencing the same issue with the same hardware config as you.  No changes have been made to the environment internally.  First I upgraded the firmware on the old Cisco / Linksys Router, then finally replaced the router with a RV082.  Neither solved the issue.

Thoughts?

Views
Helpful
Replies