Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

RV082 & public wifi via DMZ

Hey guys,

I'm left scratch my head on this. 

I've got an RV082 with a static ip from the ISP assigned to the MAC of this router.  Please note that this LAN is 100% hardwired with no wireless.  I use the WAN static ip to access general hardware on my LAN via port forwarding. e.g. DVR cameras, various firmware & POS equipment.

The RV082 has DHCP turned "off" and all addresses on the network are static.  192.168.10.x.  subnet 255.255.255.0

I would like to offer free wifi at my place of business via the DMZ port on the RV082, to separate it (and protect) my business LAN but, seem to have some issue getting it up and running.

I picked up a Linksys/Cisco router from my local big box store.  I don't remember the model and I don't think that will matter. 

I have plugged the DMZ port on the RV082 to the WAN port on the second router.

I have set the RV082 for DMZ under the "WAN Type" and selected "subnet".

I have set the fields to

"specify DMZ ip address" = 192.168.55.1

"subnet mask" = 255.255.255.0

I wanted to use DMZ ip address of 192.168.10.x but, I keep getting an error saying that there was a DMZ subnet conflict with the LAN subnet.  I guess this is a terminology issue...  I canged the subnet mask to many variations and kept getting the error.  It would only allow me to save changes switching the 192.168.10.x to 192.168.55.x (or any variable).  I'm not sure I understood exactly what the firmware was asking or trying to tell me.

Anyway, I go to the 2nd router and set the WAN ip for

IP = 192.168.55.1

Subnet = 255.255.255.0

Gateway = 192.168.10.1

Still can't get to work.

I can't get internet to come across the DMZ port on the RV082.

What am I doing wrong here? I'm sure it something simple.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content