Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

RV082 + two static IP addresses

Hi all,

I run a small business and host the website internally myself.  Currenly I have business-class ISDN that is a great connection, however I want a backup in case it ever goes down.  I'm going to be purchasing business class cable Internet to use as a backup connection.  That will give me two connections with 640k up, one 5Mb down, one 12Mb down.

With each connection I will have a static IP address available to me.  Web server is Win2K3.  What I need to do is make sure that the web site never goes down, even if one of my connections goes down.  I want uninterruptable service if one of them goes, and each internet service will have its own static IP address.

I am guessing I can do this using the Cisco RV082, it has two Internet ports.  However, can anyone give me a clue as to how I need to configure IIS and DNS in order to make sure that the web server is always up, even if one of the connections goes down?

I am guessing it might all just end up being transparent with regards to the webserver...I add both IPs to the webserver, and have the web site in IIS use all IP addresses.  But how do I handle DNS in such a case?  Not looking for a step-by-step guidebook, just a little direction and suggestions.

TIA and Cheers,

-sky

Everyone's tags (6)
Views
Helpful
Replies