Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

RVS4000 to RVS4000 tunnel not working?

I have a customer who wants to setup a VPN between 2 locations.  We are using 2 RVS 4000's, one at each location.  Both locations have DSL service and static IP's.  One location has AT&T as a provider.  At that end, we could not use the 4000 in PPPOE mode to authenticate becuase AT&T would not assign the static IP this way becuase they have a block of static IP's.  We setup the Netopia DSL Modem for IP Passthrough to the 4000 setup for a static IP for the WAN.  At the other end we were able to use PPPOE as you would expect and the static IP was assigned.  Both 4000's have IPSec VPN Tunnels configured and they connect according to the web interface for the 4000's at each end.  I can ping the LAN address of each 4000 from the network at the other end, but that's all.  I cannot ping or see any other devices on the networks at either end.  I could not find anything recorded in the log files of either 4000 as to what stopped the pings.  I tried using cocmputers on the networks and the ping tool in the web interface of the 4000's with the same result.  Banging my head a little as to why I can get what appears to be a good tunnel allowing pings to the LAN sides of routers but no further.  Hoping someone here might have an idea I can try when I get back to the customer's location tomorrow.

Thanks for looking,

David

Everyone's tags (2)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content