For testing, I send a huge message via SMTP. This traffic has 128k reserved in the policy map.
Meanwhile, I send a huge message via webmail over the DSL so the uplink gets full. I don't reserve banwidth for that. When this starts, the other traffic slow down the speed to 40kbps aprox (so reservation does not work) and I see how the ATM interface reports output drops.
When I query the state of the policy map applied to the interface (show policy-map interface dialer 1) I see matches over the class map but no matches over the queue (pkts matched/bytes matched).
If I query the Dialer queue (show queue dialer 1) I see it's always empty but if I query the ATM queue I can see the wfq queue with both conversations.
If you try similar confs you'll see the same.
Could be probably a bug or an error configuration? Which conf would work correctly?
Re: sample conf for a cisco 837 that does not work
First of all, thanks for replying me in the cisco forums. I'd like to know if you have tested the configuration and if you find any bug or improvement.
This router is connected to a ISP so can't negotiate the LFI feature, but I think this would be independent of the CBWFQ.
I've noticed too that the queueing mechanism in the Dialer interface (weighted fair) is not cloned to the Virtual-Access. I've tried to upgrade the IOS too to the latest 11.3T version but still not working.
Instead, I've tried it with a Virtual Template and it works, but I have problems with the negotiated IP address and the NAT feature.
I've found the following technote, where you can read: ...the DSL interfaces do not support service policies that apply fancy queueing since these interfaces do not implement the "back-pressure algorithm" necessary to signal that excess packets should be queued by the Layer 3 (L3) queueing system.
We are pleased to announce availability of Beta software for 16.6.3. 16.6.3 will be the second rebuild on the 16.6 release train targeted towards Catalyst 9500/9400/9300/3850/3650 switching platforms. We are looking for early feedback from custome...