cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

%SCHED-3-STUCKMTMR & High Processing (RIP Problem)

M-Hassanien
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I am having a customer suffering from a vairours RIP problems and i can see these loggs (what do they mean and what to do to aviod that?):

RMS-PE3#show logg | i RIP                           

Feb  9 14:51:16: %SCHED-3-STUCKMTMR: Sleep with expired managed timer 56528110, time 0x6CBFD5EB5 (00:00:00 ago). -Process= "RIP Router", ipl= 5, pid= 480

.Feb  9 14:53:52: %SCHED-3-STUCKMTMR: Sleep with expired managed timer 4AE46A24, time 0x6CBFFC104 (00:00:00 ago). -Process= "RIP Router", ipl= 5, pid= 480

Feb  9 14:57:04: %SCHED-3-STUCKMTMR: Sleep with expired managed timer 4AFDD370, time 0x6CC027726 (00:00:14 ago). -Process= "RIP Router", ipl= 5, pid= 480

Feb  9 14:58:35: %SCHED-3-STUCKMTMR: Sleep with expired managed timer 560AFA64, time 0x6CC0410D4 (00:00:00 ago). -Process= "RIP Router", ipl= 5, pid= 480

Feb  9 15:00:02: %SCHED-3-STUCKMTMR: Sleep with expired managed timer 549D2E90, time 0x6CC0565E3 (00:00:00 ago). -Process= "RIP Router", ipl= 5, pid= 480

RMS-PE3#show processes cpu sorted 5sec              

CPU utilization for five seconds: 47%/17%; one minute: 53%; five minutes: 59%

PID Runtime(ms)   Invoked      uSecs   5Sec   1Min   5Min TTY Process

480  2741736228 191391174      14325 20.92% 21.85% 22.79%   0 RIP Router      

Noting that this is Cisco 7600 (ADVIPSERVICES), Version 12.2(33)SRB4

Thank you & Best Regards,

Mohammed Hassanien
Enterprise Service Provisioning Engineer

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Mohammed,

These issues appear to be related to some internal issue with the IOS. I am afraid we can not help much here. If you have a TAC contract, I suggest you raise this issue to the TAC as they have the necessary tools to find out what is going on.

We could of course suggest the typical remedies like "try upgrading the IOS" etc. but it is really only blind shooting.

The IOS Error and System Messages Guide says about your error:

%SCHED-3-STUCKMTMR  : Sleep with expired managed timer %x, time %#Ta (%TE ago).

Explanation    A process can register to be notified when various events occur. This message indicates  that a registered timer has expired and its value is unchanged after the process has received control  twice.

Recommended Action    Copy the error message exactly as it appears, include the stacktrace; and report  it to your technical support representative. Reset the system. If the error recurs, revert to a previous  IOS image that did not exhibit the problem.

I apologize for not being able to help you further.

Best regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

M-Hassanien
Level 1
Level 1

any possible answers please?

Hello Mohammed,

These issues appear to be related to some internal issue with the IOS. I am afraid we can not help much here. If you have a TAC contract, I suggest you raise this issue to the TAC as they have the necessary tools to find out what is going on.

We could of course suggest the typical remedies like "try upgrading the IOS" etc. but it is really only blind shooting.

The IOS Error and System Messages Guide says about your error:

%SCHED-3-STUCKMTMR  : Sleep with expired managed timer %x, time %#Ta (%TE ago).

Explanation    A process can register to be notified when various events occur. This message indicates  that a registered timer has expired and its value is unchanged after the process has received control  twice.

Recommended Action    Copy the error message exactly as it appears, include the stacktrace; and report  it to your technical support representative. Reset the system. If the error recurs, revert to a previous  IOS image that did not exhibit the problem.

I apologize for not being able to help you further.

Best regards,

Peter

Thanks alot for your feedback.

- This message is basically telling you that a timer associated expired and was not reset. 

- There have been a number of cases in our database where this issue was
seen.  In all of these the issue was resolved with either (1) a reload to
clear the timer or (2) a software upgrade.  

-  As such, here is how we need to move forward:  First, please reload the
device to clear the timers and let us know if this resolves the issue or not.

syed

Thanks Sayed. i will check your first solution and feed you back isA.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card