Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

School boy error please help Switch 2960 series

I have a school boy error attach is a screen dump , can some one please help , first year at Uni studing CCNA , i think its Discovery

I want my banner to be save so I don't have to type it each time , upon  global exec mode I type the following switch(config)#  banner incoming d  type your message here d  press return and the exit

this take me to privilege exec mode  i type switch# copy running-config startup-config

I get error please see the picture. any input would be great thanks

2 REPLIES

From the screenshot, it seems like you're trying to add another file to nvram and it's failing for that. When it shows you [startup-config] that means that it's going to write to that name by default. If you change the name, you're telling the switch that you want to write to a different file that's not the default. In this case, you can simply hit enter and you should be able to save the config. Alternatively, you can type "write" and hit enter instead of "copy running-config startup-config".

HTH,
John

*** Please rate all useful posts ***

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
VIP Purple

HI Waheed,

If you type

99XCI001#copy running-config startup-config

Destination filename [startup-config]? con(Dont write this word...just enter from computer)

%Error copying nvram:con (Invalid argument)

99XCI001#

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just do enter :

99XCI001#copy running-config startup-config

Destination filename [startup-config]?

Building configuration...

[OK]

99XCI001#

it will save ur running config to startup.

Reagrds

please rate helpful post.

Views
Helpful
Replies