cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SDM on 3640

pdriscoll
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I am trying to install SDM on a 3640. I am using image c3640-jk9o3s-mz.124-13, 32MB of flash, 128 MB DRAM. The problem seems to be that the image takes up almost all of the flash memory, leaving no room to isntall SDM. When I try to install SDM, the installer replies that there is not enough room to install. Yet, 32MB seems to be the limit on the 3640. Where am I going wrong? Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes the maxium flash for 3640 is 32M, and because you are using a large image, SDM won't fit.

At the time the 3640 was designed, SDM did not exist and 32MB flash seemed a lot. So there isn't anything you can do about it.

Does it helps? Please rate post if it does!

Thanks for your reply.

Just wondering, why does Cisco documentation state that the 3640 has an IOS with SDM feature set available?

Also, do you have any advice on how to install SDM on a piece of "legacy" hardware (which hardware, which IOS, etc)?

I would like to use it in a test environment before rolling it out on production equipment.

Sorry I do not have further advice. SDM is distributed as additional files to IOS, so it's not really a "feature set".

Anyway, if you never used it, there is nothing to be impressed about. It may help in some very basic case, but for serious, professional configuration it cannot absolutely replace the CLI

Thanks and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: