Views
Helpful
Replies

SDSL router

mohammedrafiq
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have to set up VPN from Brussles to Uk over SDSL line,Please can some one suggust a small suitable router, I am thinking to buy Cisco 878 router but like to confirm.

Regards,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Mohammed,

878 it should be fine

We use several 877 with ADSL line and we implement IPSec/point to point GRE tunnels with no problem handling several IP Phones just to make an example.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I have to set up VPN from Brussles to Uk over SDSL line,Please can some one suggust a small suitable router, I am thinking to buy Cisco 878 router but like to confirm.

Regards,

Hi,

If the requirement is of small end user buisness cisco 878 can be helpful as cisco 878 series routers are fixed-configuration routers that support multiple types of DSL technologies, broadband cable, and Metro Ethernet connections in small offices,They provide the performance needed to run concurrent services, including firewall, intrusion prevention, and encryption for VPNs; optional 802.11b/g for WLAN networking; and quality of service (QoS) features for optimizing voice and video applications.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Mohammed,

878 it should be fine

We use several 877 with ADSL line and we implement IPSec/point to point GRE tunnels with no problem handling several IP Phones just to make an example.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Regards,

Hi,

If the requirement is of small end user buisness cisco 878 can be helpful as cisco 878 series routers are fixed-configuration routers that support multiple types of DSL technologies, broadband cable, and Metro Ethernet connections in small offices,They provide the performance needed to run concurrent services, including firewall, intrusion prevention, and encryption for VPNs; optional 802.11b/g for WLAN networking; and quality of service (QoS) features for optimizing voice and video applications.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Thanks all ,

I have found one 1800 series in our store and will use this.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card