Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

securing cisco 2621XM

Hi, i am having problems with my pix 501 which i have taken for checks. In the interim, i am using a 2621XM router. Any helps on configurations for securing this router (almost like the pix). e.g blocking all traffic from outside and allowing all from inside. Can i configure VPN on this router? (cant find any "Crypto" or "VPN" commands.

Thanks

D.

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: securing cisco 2621XM

VPN and other security commands are possible with the router however you must have the correct IOS feature set to support them. If there are no commands such as ip inspect or crypto ipsec then i would say you probably do not have this feature set.

Your could configure access-lists to limit traffic while you wait for PIX to be replaced.

Good luck

Steve

Gold

Re: securing cisco 2621XM

just a little bit add-on.

providing the running ios doesn't support cbac or vpn, you can still configure tcp intercept in order to prevent dos attacks. and of course, acl is a must.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800ca7c4.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content