cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Security Bundle

mark
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to find out which security bundle sec/k9 or hsec/k9 I must have to allow nec's Voip pass with QOS. We are going to link three branch offices with Data and eventually a third party voip solution. Must have QOS. Using a 2811 with hsec. I need to purchase the 2801 but am confused about bundles since I am not using cisco's VOIP solution. Help...

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Mark,

The regular SEC bundle has no AIM card for VPN included in the bundle. The Adv sec. feature set will enable the onboard encryption built into the mobo of the router. The HSEC bundle comes with an additional AIM vpn card.

You dont need the AIM VPN card unless you are doing some heavy aggregation of VPN tunnels.

Are these sites linked via VPN ?

HTH

PS: please remember to rate replies!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Temporarily they will be but moving to a metro E with mpls being provided by ISP. I know that VPN's can be done with adv. security. Do I need Adv. IP services to get QOS? Or will the Adv. Security Bundle enable that feature as well?

Mark

Hi

These are the new packages being introduced and whichs basically done @ aiming the main features it brings within..

• IP Base*, IP Base without Crypto**-Entry level Cisco IOS Software image (Classic IP Data + trunking and DSL)

• IP Voice*, IP Voice without Crypto**-Adds VoIP, VoFR to IP Base (Adds Voice to Data)

• SP Services-Adds SSH/SSL, ATM, VoATM, MPLS, etc. to IP Voice (Adds SP Services to Voice & Data)

• Advanced Security-Adds Cisco IOS FW, IDS/IDP, NAC, SSH/SSL, IPsec VPN, etc. to IP Base (Add Security/VPN to Data)

• Enterprise Base*, Enterprise Base without Crypto**-Adds Enterprise Layer 3 routed protocols (AT, IPX, etc.) and IBM support to IP Base (Add Multiprotocol Services to Data)

• Enterprise Services***, Enterprise Services without Crypto****-Adds full IBM support, Service Provider Services to Enterprise Base (Merge Enterprise Base & SP Services)

• Advanced IP Services-Adds IPv6, Advanced Security to SP Services (Merge Advanced Security & SP Services)

• Advanced Enterprise Services-Full Cisco IOS Software (Merge Advanced IP Services & Enterprise Services)

AFAIK both Adv IP Services & Adv Security packages are aimed to solve or bring in the new IDS,IDP & IPV6 features with that they may be having the support to the basic funtionalities like QOS features too..

regds

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card