cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SEPERATING NETWORKS TO USE DIFF ROUTES

Just Kennie
Level 1
Level 1

I have u networks on separate switches, connected to f0/0 and f0/1 of my router R1, then i have two links from different ISP connected to the f0/2 and f0/3 of my R1. I use one of the links for pry route and the other for sec as backup should in case the pry fails. Now i want to split at two link between the two subnets,each subnet traffic passing through each link (ISP).pls how will i do it without adding a router.

6 Replies 6

kerek
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

The easiest is to set up policy routing on the interfaces connected to your internal network and set the next-hop to the ISP1 for the first and set the ISP2 for the other.

Hope it helps, rate if does

Krisztian

I thin it will, which kind of policy routing. route-map,class-map,policy-map? .....explain.

Hi,

It is by configuring

ip policy route-map on interface level and then create route-map to specify the actions.

Depending on the IOS release you can combine the policy routing with object tracking.

Please take a look at this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/iproute/configuration/guide/irp_prb_mult_track_ps6441_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

Hope it helps, rate if does

Krisztian

Are you running BGP on R1 to your ISPs?

Victor

Thanks , i am running static routing, i wonder if policy routing will work with static routing. pls tell me what to do.

Please post the config of the dual homed router...

Victor

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card