Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Serial HWIC for the Cisco 1861 router

I am planning to replace an old 7500 router with a smaller one.

The question I have is that the 7500 has a 4 port serial g703 unbalanced card (PA-4E1G/75 15-pin with D-shell (DB-15) receptacles on the port adapters and which operate in full-duplex mode at the E1 speed of 2.048-Mbps) and I am not sure what HWIC will do the same job for the Cisco 1861 router. Does anybody know?

Thanks in advance.

Everyone's tags (2)
2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Serial HWIC for the Cisco 1861 router

Can you configure the other side of the circuit for framed 30 or 31 channels ? That would allow you use even a vwic 1st generation, non capable of unframed mode.

Re: Serial HWIC for the Cisco 1861 router

Thank you for your comment Paolo, and apologies for the late reply. I was away for two weeks and I am just catching up with things.

To answer your question: No I can't do that. The circuit is E1 and the router I want to replace is a 7500 with a PA-4E1G703/G704 75 omh unbalanced. This type of interface uses the 15 pin-D shell at the router end, and two BNC connectros with coax at the other end. The cable used is CAB-E1-BNC= as shwon below.

My question is, what interface of the Cisco 1861 router can I use to connect this E1 circuit and/or what changes do I need to make to the circuit presentation to be able to use this router. The circuit is currently presented with two BNC female connectors

Thank you.

Arturo

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content