cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Serial interface E1 - BW 1544 Kbit

lstrauch
Level 1
Level 1

We have a E1 installed and when i issue the sh int command i get 2BW 1544 Kbit" rather than 2048. Is the line speed picked up by the telco kit, how do i get it back up to 2 mb?

thanks

6 Replies 6

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

Thats the default interface bandwidth comes out with the interface.

You can change that to 2048Kbps manually thats nowhere related to the line speed or picked from telco..

regds

so are you saying that although the "show int s0/0" says 1544 i am actually getting 2048?

The bandwidth command will only affect upper protocols like EIGRP right so that will make no difference if i add it to my config?

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hey i missed to mention how u can change up the same..

Router(config)# interface serial 0

Router(config-if)# bandwidth 2048

yes you are rite in pointing out that bandwidth specified under the interface is effective only when u run some routing protocols or having any CBWFQ related policies defined in the form of Policy map and binded under the interface..

regds

thanks, but i am still trying to find out if i have an issue or not. am i getting 2mb or only 1.5 from the telco?

hi you dont have any issues in getting 2Mbps from your telco provided they have allowed/configured the same at their end :-).

regds

cool,

thanks for the help...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card