HOW CAN I SOLVE THE PROBLEM

FOR LATE COLLISION OUTPUT ERRORS E

2 Replies 2

minumathur
Level 1
Level 1

hi

few things need to be check

1) check both side speed setting 100 Mbps/full duplex, if not may both side same

2) check physical cable /connector both side

i hope this will solve your problem

-Minu

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

Late collisions are almost always becasue one side of the connection is half-duplex and the other is full-duplex.

The half-duplex protocol can accept collisions (and recover from them) only if they occur in the first 512 bit-times of the outgoing frame. Half-duplex is just like a polite conversation: if two people start speaking at the same time there is a collision: one backs off and lets the other speak. On the other hand, if one person starts speaking and the other interrupts half-way through the sentence (i.e. a late collision), then that is considered rude (i.e. an error).

Full-duplex is where both sides can talk at the same time. If one side believes it is half-duplex and the other side believes it is full, then the half-duplex side will count errors.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card