cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Serial Proctol is down

sbeauton
Level 1
Level 1

Currently I have a 3600 series router and a 2811 that are I'm trying to connect via two bonded T1 Lines using MLPPP. The interfaces are up but the proctol remains down. Line Coding, channel groups and framing have been defined. What is the next step to get the protocl to come up. Any help would be appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Scott,

Could you advise how you fixed the problem ? Was it the cable ?

Paresh.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

It might help if we could see your configs..

Paresh.

I upload my configs. One if for the 2811 router and the other is for the 3600 router. Hope this helps. Thanks again

At first glance, your configs look fine..

Could you pls also post the output of the following

sh int serial (for all your serials)

sh interfaces multilink

sh ppp multilink

The following would also be handy:

debug ppp negotiation

debug ppp multilink events

Thanks,

Paresh

here is the attached configs you requsted. I also put debug ppp negotiation, debug ppp multilink events and it turned it on but nothing happend. I don't know if I mentioned this before but both routers are connected via a t1 crossover cable becuase I haven't deployed them yet.

Both your serial interfaces are down so MPPP is not likely to come up anytime soon...

COuld you change your T1 controller configs to match the following:

2811:

====

controller T1 0/0/0

framing esf

clock source internal

linecode b8zs

channel-group 1 timeslots 1-24 speed 64

!

controller T1 0/0/1

framing esf

clock source internal

linecode b8zs

3600:

====

controller T1 0/0

framing esf

clock source line primary

linecode b8zs

!

controller T1 0/1

framing esf

clock source line secondary

linecode b8zs

Try that out and see if the line protocol on your serials comes up..

Hope that helps,

Paresh.

Thanks for your help with this matter. I tired to do your suggestion and when I type in clock soure line secondary its an unregonized command. I also swapped out the clock rate on both controllers to see if that would help and there is still no secondary. Both serial interfaces are still down. Do you have any other suggestions. Thanks again

Actually, I may have been premature with that last post..

Could you remove the 'clock source' commands totally from the controllers on the 3600 and then try again...(leave the clock source internal on the 2811s)

Also, are you absolutely sure that you cross-over cables are okay ? What do the LEDs on the displays show ?

Paresh.

Hello,

what are the provider settings for the T1? You have CRC errors on th line, which tells that there was some input, but "not understood".

Are you sure the framing is ESF and the line code is B8CS? I assume the problem to be related to these settings.

Try shutting down the interface, change b8cs to ami and "no shut" on the interface.

In case this doesn´t work you could also change the framing.

Hope this helps! Please rate all posts.

Martin

Hi Scott,

Could you advise how you fixed the problem ? Was it the cable ?

Paresh.

I wanted to thank you for your help. The problem was that clock speed was not set on the 3640 router. Once I set the clock speed it worked. Bonehead move on my part. Thanks again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: