Views
Helpful
Replies

Service Contract

a.hajhamad
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

When using Cisco Dynamic Configuration Tool in configuring Cisco1841 with HWIC-4SHDSL, i can see and choose the service contract for this hardware.

But when i choose CISCO1841-4SHDSL as a bundle, i can't see the service contract, why?

If i need the service contract, can i choose the service contract for CISCO1841 for CISCO1841-4SHDSL?

Also, the total price for CISCO1841-4SHDSL is 1995 USD"with 64 MB Compact FLash", but when we choose CISCO1841 with HWIC-4SHDSL the total price will be 2445 USD"with 32 MB Compact FLash".

My Second question, is the bundle in general price less than if you choose the basic hardware and then choose the required modules?

Thanks in advance

Abd Alqader

4 Replies 4

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

You should buy a contract with the Chassis.

Once you do that you can always buy the modules and add them to the above contract.

Bundle offers are generally cheaper than buying the hardware individually

Narayan

Thanks. This means that i can buy the CISCO1841-4SHDSL bundle and buy service contract for CISCO1841 "CON-SNT-CISCO1841", right?

Regards

Abd Alqader

When you buy a bundle, you can go with the smartnet option with the bundle.

I checked on the site and indeed there isn't one for the 4 wire model. I could get one for the 2 wire model.

Once you have a chassis smartnet, you can add on to it the modules you buy later, not sure of the existing one.

Better get a confirmation from your Cisco account manager

Narayan

Thanks alot.

I will check with Cisco to get a confirmation

Thanks again

Abd Alqader

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card