cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

service-module t1 remote-loopback

affability
Level 1
Level 1

If I configure the command "service-module t1 remote-loopback" on an MPLS WAN interface remotely will I lose connectivity to the device?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, the request is sent with the "loopback remote" command.

The overall loopback features are configured with the "service-module loopback" command.

During loopback test of any kind, circuits cannot be used.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That depends if the device to which the router is connected, obeys to requests for loopback. If it does, yes.

It is not an important test however, mainly there for approval requirements.

Thank you very much for the quick response. It is connected to our ISP. So, if the ISP sends a loop reqeust to my router while "service-module t1 remote-loopback" is configured on the WAN MPLS interface, that will bring down the circuit while in loop/test?

To deny requests:

no service-module t1 remote-loopback full.

Fortunately, SPs don't act to bring their customer down.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

Sorry, I'm still failing to understand the configuration.

So, if I configure my interface with "service-module t1 remote-loopback" my device will send out loop requests to the SP. And if their equipment responds and creates the loop, my equipment will not be accessible until the loop is broken? I looked at the command reference and command configuration guidelines but it does not specify whether the circuit will be terminated. can you advise?

No, the request is sent with the "loopback remote" command.

The overall loopback features are configured with the "service-module loopback" command.

During loopback test of any kind, circuits cannot be used.

Awesome! Thank you very much for your assistance!

You're welcome, thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card