Views
Helpful
Replies

Service-Policy issues

kradjesh13
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I am trying to apply a service-policy in one of our trunk port. When ever i apply a policy called "service-policy input OFFICE" it removes the other line "mls qos trust dscp" which is found in the trunk for extending the QOS between the devices.

Is there a way to apply both of this lines under a Trunk Port ???

Thanks

Rajesh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

wochanda
Level 4
Level 4

If this is a 3560/3750 switch, we've had a limitation where you cant have both trust and service-policy on an interface.

You can achieve similar functionality by either trusting within your service policy:

class voice

trust dscp

Or remarking it to whatever it may have been originally:

class voice

set ip dscp ef

Soon, in 12.2(40)SE code, you will be able to have mls trust coexisting with an input service policy. When the code comes out, it will have documentation about what gets priority.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Pavel Bykov
Level 5
Level 5

It is correct that it removes it. What are you trying to achieve?

When you apply input service policy, all markings will be "trusted" (i.e. not deleted or changed) anyway, unless you specifically specify to set other markings in class default.

I am trying to rate limit a specific set of IP's for 2 Meg using the service policy.

By it's functionality, when you apply service-policy, you can think that "mls qos trust dscp" is applied automatically, since DSCP markings are not erased.

wochanda
Level 4
Level 4

If this is a 3560/3750 switch, we've had a limitation where you cant have both trust and service-policy on an interface.

You can achieve similar functionality by either trusting within your service policy:

class voice

trust dscp

Or remarking it to whatever it may have been originally:

class voice

set ip dscp ef

Soon, in 12.2(40)SE code, you will be able to have mls trust coexisting with an input service policy. When the code comes out, it will have documentation about what gets priority.

Thanks Guys... Thank you all for your updates. Letz see how its going.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card