Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up QOS for Voice on 8Mbps Leased on Circuit

tecnetpro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have 4 nos 2Mbps aggreagated link on two 2811 router.I have configured a multilink ppp for aggregation.How can i setup QOS for voice calls on the link.

The protocol used is H.323 .How to identify the voice traffic on router.Can NBAR be used to identify the traffic ?

3 Replies 3

saimbt
Level 1
Level 1

You can either do this on the basis of network and ports and assign the voice traffic to a srtict priority queue. OR

If the device is capable of marking DSCP, you can trust DSCP on the access switches and assign bandidth to EF

-Sai.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

One way to prioritize voice would be usage of a CBWFQ service policy, outbound, on your multilink interface. Place the voice into a LLQ class.

For identification, as Sai notes, the voice might (or can) tag their packets and you could match against their ToS. And/or identification via an ACL and/or NBAR. (The later NBARs do support matching against many kinds of voice traffic.)

PS:

Don't neglect special treatment of voice signally traffic.

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

NBAR is used for traffic classification, you can use NBAR to classify voice traffic or an access-list , bellow an example for both:

class-map match-any (name)

match protocol rtp audio

or

class-map match-any (name)

match access-group 100

access-list 100 permit udp range 16348 32767

you then add the Class to a defined policy and apply it to the interface.

HTH

Mohamed

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card