cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SFP Module for Switches WS-3750x

Francis Jr Asis
Level 1
Level 1

I was assign to design a network that will cover the traffic of IPTV, IP Telephony, Data and Wireless access point.

My core is WS-3750X-24S-S = 1 pc

My Distribution is WS-2960S-48PS-L = 14 pcs

WS-296024PS-L    = 2 pcs

My question is in the traffic cover by the switch fiber what is the right SFP module(Single of Multimode) i need to use in order the system to work properly?

The application of the system is hotel with 200 guest for IPTV, 250 IP Telephony and AP of 56. If anybody can provide traffic details base someone have experience in this can of design.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Bilal Nawaz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Edited Post - Leo's Comments below

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Personally, I don't mind helping out someone with school work if: 

1.  It is honestly stated that the scenario is a school work.  

2.  Don't just give us just the problem.  Show us YOUR SOLUTION.  I want to see you (the OP) THINK.  I am not going to help anyone cheat an assignment.  

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Bilal Nawaz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Edited Post - Leo's Comments below

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have a question:  If you are a novice, why would your employer task you with a very critical design?  

I mean, the only time I'd see something like this is when this so-called "design" is actually SCHOOL WORK.  

I am very suspicious about the nature because there is something missing your equipment list.   Where is your server?  What kind of server do you have?  Where is your firewall?  What is your WAN?  How big is your WAN link?  What is your WAN type?  

Next, where's your redundancy?  

The application of the system is hotel with 200 guest for IPTV, 250 IP Telephony and AP of 56. If anybody can provide traffic details base someone have experience in this can of design.

This doesn't make any sense.   A "hotel" for 200 guests and you have 56 wireless access points?  

A few of these caught me out - Will keep eye on the style of posts so thanks for the heads up Leo

Personally, I don't mind helping out someone with school work if: 

1.  It is honestly stated that the scenario is a school work.  

2.  Don't just give us just the problem.  Show us YOUR SOLUTION.  I want to see you (the OP) THINK.  I am not going to help anyone cheat an assignment.  

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To the OP, 

If you want help on your school work, go here.  The people here will accept Paypal as payment.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card