cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shadow 3825

miket
Level 5
Level 5

If two people are telnet'd into a ISR router how can you see what the other person is typing?

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Michael

I am not aware of any way so that when you are telnetted to any router that you can tell what someone else is typing who is telnetted to that router (unless you are able to look over their shoulder).

Having said that, I will back off a bit and observe that if you enable aaa accounting of all level commands, then you could look on the aaa accounting server and see all commands that anyone had typed. I suspect that this is not what you are looking for - and that the realistic answer is that you can not really tell what any other user is typing.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Nagendra Kumar Nainar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

AFAIK you cannot monitor the telnet line. But if you have a terminal server where those 2 routers are connected, you can use "monitor traffic line " command and see what exactly the other user is typing.

Regards,

Nagendra

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card