cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SHDSL via FE

ckcheon79
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone knows how to configure using 2nd FE interface for SHDSL? Possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

I feel you are configuring the additional port too for the internet traffic then in that case your default route will be pointing towards the fastethernet followed by the G/W ip which can be availed from the SP.

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 FastEthernet0/1 x.x.x.x

x.x.x.x G/W provided by SP..

If this is not the requirement you have in place then do post out for what kinda traffic you are planning to use this new link ..

regds

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

I think you are referring Cisco 828 series router here ..

As per the data sheets these are the ports available with the router and i dont think that u can plug in the SHDSL line onto the hub port.

G.shdsl Port RJ-11

10 MB Ethernet --- Four Port Hub RJ-45

Console Port RJ-45

for more info do refer this link ..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/routers/ps380/products_data_sheet09186a0080088733.html

regds

Hi

I am using 2811. My G.SHDSL come with modem provided by ISP. The RJ-11 goes it to modem and on the modem there is a LAN port connect to my FE0/1.

Regards

Hi

Cisco 2811 router contains 2 onboard FE ports.Are you trying to connect the LAN output from the SHSDL modem onto the second ethernet port ?

If thts the you need to have extra LAN port (probably with a new Network Module) to connect ur local Lan.

If you want to use one of the onboard FE ports intact then u can think of using WIC-1SHDSL which is supported by 2811,so that you can directly terminacte the SHDSL line on the port.

for configuration assistance do refer this link ..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5853/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804582d8.html

regds

Hi again,

Yes, 2811 come with 2 FE ports. 1 used for internal LAN and the second FE is for SHDSL. Your are right, there is a module WIC-1SHDSL, but my problem is the 2811 empty slots already been fully used. I can't add additional module. Therefore, I suggest using the 2nd FE for SHDSL.

I have done some configuration on 2nd FE, here is my conf. I can see the physical and line interface are up when I do show run. But the traffic can not pass through.

interface FastEthernet0/1

description TimeNet

ip address 212.25.148.xxx 255.255.255.xxx

ip nat outside

ip virtual-reassembly

duplex full

speed 100

ip route 212.25.148.0 255.255.255.xxx FastEthernet0/1

Regards

Hi

I feel you are configuring the additional port too for the internet traffic then in that case your default route will be pointing towards the fastethernet followed by the G/W ip which can be availed from the SP.

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 FastEthernet0/1 x.x.x.x

x.x.x.x G/W provided by SP..

If this is not the requirement you have in place then do post out for what kinda traffic you are planning to use this new link ..

regds

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card