vWhat is the difference between POP3 and IMAP Mail Server
vDescribe a 3-way TCP/IP Handshake
vWhat is source route
vWhat is the minimum and maximum length of the header in the TCP segment and IP datagram?
1) Bit rate - how many data bits are transmitted per second
Baud rate - measurement of the number of times per second a signal in a communications channel changes.
2) NETBEUI - network transport protocol, non-routable
NETBIOS - Microsoft interface for running apps over NETBEUI. Note that Netbios now commonly runs over TCP/IP
3) Both ways of reading your mail. POP3 downloads each mail to your PC. IMAP keeps the actual mail body on a server and only downloads the headers to your PC. It then only downloads the actual mail body when you click on a specific mail but it is still stored on a server.
4) H1 talks to H2 - H1 sends packet with SYN flag set. H2 responds with SYN and ACK flags set. H1 responds with ACK bit set.
5) source routing allows you to specify the route the packet will take through the network as opposed to leaving it to the routing tables.
6) I have attached a doc which summarises TCP/IP headers which you may find of use.
Note, you asked for short answers so bear in mind there is a lot more to some of your questions than i have covered.
We are pleased to announce availability of Beta software for 16.6.3.
16.6.3 will be the second rebuild on the 16.6 release train targeted
towards Catalyst 9500/9400/9300/3850/3650 switching platforms. We are
looking for early feedback from customers befor...
Introduction Featured Speakers Luis Espejel is the Telecommunications
Manager of IENova, an Oil & Gas company. Currently he works with Cisco
IOS® and Cisco IOS XE platforms, and NX to some extent. He has also
worked as a Senior Engineer with the Routing P...
In this session you can learn more about Layer 3 multicast and the best
practices to identify possible threats and take security measures. It
provides an overview of basic multicast, the best security practices for
use of this technology, and recommendati...