cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

show ver indicates "Patching not available. . . "

stevejennings
Level 1
Level 1

I've followed a couple of threads where this message shows up and I'm confused about whether or not I should care. When  I type "dir" at the command line on the 6509-E I get "No files in directory" for disk0:/. The image is actually on sup_bootdisk:/.

I inherited this network and there is only one 6509-E configured this way. Will someone offer an explanation as to why the image is on the sup_bootdisk and whether or not there's some hidden consequence of leaving it there. Or whether I should simply copy the file to disk0:/. I ask because I am about to schedule a job with BCAN to upgrade the image.

Thanks,

Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Steve,

this message should be generated by the fact that the system is running a modular IOS image but without an install action performed.

it is just a warning and you should be fine.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Steve,

this message should be generated by the fact that the system is running a modular IOS image but without an install action performed.

it is just a warning and you should be fine.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks for the response. After I opened the question I noticed that the image file name was different ( . . . WAN-M vs. . . . WAN-VM). So if I "install" the image to disk0:/ then . . . what, the image and file structure would be located on disk0:/ and not on the sup_bootdisk. That would seem to be the preferred mode, right? Or would you just leave it alone?

Thanks,
Steve

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card