cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Simple 1720 Config problem. garbleFluff

kevininnes
Level 1
Level 1

seems one of my associates took a copy of a text file config and ran it on top of a production router. I cant ctrl-break into rommon with any combination as it freezes during bootup if I do that...I get crazy characters all over the screen during a boot up. is there a hard reset on the board perhaps to factory defaults

3 Replies 3

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

Probably the action altered the console speed settings as well. Best is probably to try some other speed settings until you get readable output from the console. A simple trick to determine the direction:

If you gat a lot of garbled characters, the consolespeed is likely lower than 9600, if you only get a few, try to increase the speed on your emulation. Good luck!

Regards,

Leo

Thanks Leo I will give that a try

smothuku
Level 7
Level 7

Hi ,

In order to fix this problem you need to

change the speed of HyperTerminal from the low speed until 115200 until the display show a readable character.

My suggestion would be start from lowest speed value and then go down to 115200.

At one point you can access the router and after logging into router change config register to 0x2102.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks,

satish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card