cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Simple question about 515e

insccisco
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 515E and I noticed it has a card with an RJ45 port in it. Looks to me like a Network Card (those network cards we find in the PCs)

Can anyone please tell me what this card is? By the way, nothing is plugged in it

thanks

4 Replies 4

smothuku
Level 7
Level 7

Hi ,

Can you pasteshow diag or show module of 515E.

Thanks,

satish

I just did a show mod and a sh diag and nothing

I have IOS 6.3

I think what I have though is a 1-port interface card but I will still like to be 300%....

WHat other command can I type that will tell me what hardware components do I have installed?

thanks

Angel

The PIX515E has two built in Ethernet interfaces and two slots which can have a single port Ethernet card (there is also a 4 port card for the 515E). What you describe certainly sounds like the 1 port card.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Rick,

thank you very much for that clarification... I think that is exactly what I have.

And thank you as well for the info about the 515E having 2 slots, because I now know that I have one left to play with

What I am itching to know now is where would the Hardware VPN VAC+ card go? Will it take one of these 2 slots? or will it go some where else inside my 515e?

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card