Views
Helpful
Replies

Site-site vpn tunnel with failover using GLBP instead of HSRP : not working

vinodjad1234
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

i'm already using  a site to site VPN tunnel from all the branches to my DC routers with failover using HSRP. All branches destination is HSRP VIP configured on my DC routers which is working fine. Here in this set-up only one router is actively utilized. Is there any possibilities to utilize both of my DC routers actively to achieve load sharing using GLBP?

We tried configuring the same using GLBP where we are unable to bind the crypto map "map name" redundancy "group name" under the GLBP configured interface, it gives "%ip redundancy is not configured on this interface" error. Please suggest, if any one has already configured this kind of set-up.

Regards,

Vinod.

1 Reply 1

milan.kulik
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

wouldn't there using two HSRP groups with one of your routers being the preferred router in each group be an easier design?

See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094e90.shtml

for details.

HTH,

Milan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: