Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SLA threshold

All,

I'm tracking a connection using echo with sla and then tracking that on my inside interface for hsrp to failover to my backup router. The problem that I've been noticing, is that when our primary router is under heavy load, the sla is failing and the router is failing over without a need to. Is there a way in sla that I can configure something like "ping 3 times in 15 sec. and then fail over if the host still hasn't responded after 15 seconds?"

This is what's in my logs:

Oct  8 10:07:39: %TRACKING-5-STATE: 1 rtr 1 reachability Up->Down
Oct  8 10:07:41: %HSRP-5-STATECHANGE: GigabitEthernet0/0 Grp 100 state Active -> Speak
Oct  8 10:07:51: %HSRP-5-STATECHANGE: GigabitEthernet0/0 Grp 100 state Speak -> Standby
Oct  8 10:08:34: %TRACKING-5-STATE: 1 rtr 1 reachability Down->Up

So, HSRP fails over immediately and then picks back up but I don't want it to unneccessarily flap like this.

Thanks,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: SLA threshold

Try setting frequency to 5 (sec) and threshold to 15000 (ms)

This should make it so that you send every 5, and if the down state last for 15 seconds (meaning that none are successful in that interval) we will put it into a down state, triggering the track to change state, triggering the route to be removed.

hope this helps

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Try setting frequency to 5 (sec) and threshold to 15000 (ms)

This should make it so that you send every 5, and if the down state last for 15 seconds (meaning that none are successful in that interval) we will put it into a down state, triggering the track to change state, triggering the route to be removed.

hope this helps

I'll try that over the weekend....

Thanks!

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies