Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

slow updation online trading

Dear sir,

We are doing online trading on international market thru internet. i have 1 mbps internet link and backup also 1 mbps differnt service provider for backup pourpose. now we r facing the problem of slow updation kindly advise if i changed all dlink switch ( in exiting setup we have CAT -5 lan connectivity and DLINK SWITCH) to cisco giga switches and presnt setup of cat-5 to cat-6

Thanks,

S.S YADAV

2 REPLIES

Re: slow updation online trading

Hello Yadav,

Before changing the switch please find out where the exact problem is:

1) check the amount of traffic flowing and see if the problem is only with that site or with most of the others too.. if this is the case, the ISP might have done some kind of traffic shaping on the link.. check with them on this...

2) Check if the ISP is giving you a fiber or satellite international backbone.. even if you have a 1 Mbps local lead, sometimes the packets gets slow on the ISP backbone, probably because the packets are put up on some satellite gateways instead of fiber g/ws... this also might increase the latency.. put a traceroute to the site you wanna access and see the number of hops it takes to reach the destination..

3) check if ther are any drops locally on the LAN.. check ping from router to firewall, firewall (if any) to switch, etc , hop by hop.. there can be some duplex mismatches which can hamper performance at times...

Do these and then check to replace the switches.. hope this helps.. all the best .. rate replies if found useful..

Raj

Re: slow updation online trading

Thanks Raj,

I have to checked all point and i hope will gat better result.

Thanks again

S.S YADAV

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content