Views
Helpful
Replies

SM-ES3-16P and HWIC-4ESW - module getting disabled

Antonio Brandao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I having a issue where I have a 2911 router with a SM-ES3-16P module installed which were working fine. But had to get more switch ports for this equipment and then I decide to install a HWIC-4ESW card on router. Aftter that SM module got disabled and traffic interface is not appearing to me o configuration anymore.

Does anyone know if is any limitation or incompatibility between the card and SM ?

AB          

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

AB

This document about the enhanced switch module says that the 2911 can be configured with up to one enhanced switch module. It says that you need to have at least a 2951 to support 2 switch modules.

See this link for more detail

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/interfaces/software/feature/guide/eesm_sw.pdf

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

AB

This document about the enhanced switch module says that the 2911 can be configured with up to one enhanced switch module. It says that you need to have at least a 2951 to support 2 switch modules.

See this link for more detail

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/interfaces/software/feature/guide/eesm_sw.pdf

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Rick,

I read the document and it says : "up to two Cisco enhanced EtherSwitch service modules". In this case I don´t think applicable once I have only service module installed on this and the conflict seems to happen when I plug a HWIC card on.

When I do plug the HWIC and boot up the router,  the the interface which carry traffic from router to the service module disapear and i can see on boot logs it´s happening.

The Service Module works, only can´t communicate with router traffic

interface GigabitEthernet1/1

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

description Internal switch interface connected to EtherSwitch Service Module

^

switchport mode trunk

^

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card