Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

small network config problem

We have a small network config problem with IP addresses or the routing table..we're not sure where the error is and would appreciate any help or suggestions. I'm sure it's something dumb like a class b or c address conflict. You can see our setup on the attached bmp image. thanks so much. any questions let me know - robert.mccorkle@gmail.com

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: small network config problem

Please try to use JPG or GIF for the diagram....it is too big. ;)

I am not sure I understood the config and diagram correctly.

According to the IP address assignement, it is fine and no conflict, due to all are 24 bits mask w/o overlapped each other.

According to the routing, the LHS Linksys do not have the GW for the 192.168.1.0, please add it back.

I believe the 192.168.1/2.0 are the LAN segment. Can you tell how two Linksys to link together ? By LAN, by WAN, which WAN, what media, is WAN using LAN connection too ?

And, what is the exact problem ? Can't route, can go outside, etc. ?

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Kindly explain more regarding your network setup. The diagram is not clear.

What are those devices 192.168.2.1 and 192.168.1.1 ??

what is the device represented by 10.145.17.2 and 10.145.17.1, which are configured as default gateway in those devices ?

The device on the right hand side has the following entry in the routing table

192.168.2.0 -> 1 hop -> 10.145.17.4

Whereas the device on the left hand side has no specific route to 192.168.1.0

It has the following entry

192.168.1.0 -> 3 Hop -> WAN

Are these devices running any routing protocol? Looks like the device on the left hand side is not learning a proper route to the network 192.168.1.0

Also on both these devices the default gateway are not the same( 10.145.17.2 and 10.145.17.1) Why is it so???

Check proper routing entries no the devices 10.145.17.2 and 10.145.17.1 and ensure that these devices have routing entries to reach 192.168.1.0 and 192.168.2.0 properly.

Hope this helps.

-VJ

Alright I apologize I didn't give enough details. The network config diagram shows two pc's on each side, connected via CAT5 ethernet cable to a router on each side, and the routers connected to the access point via CAT5 ethernet cable on each side. Now the access points talk to each other wirelessly, and currently we can talk from left PC all the way across the network to the right side router. We can do the same on the other side. But we cannot seem to connect from left pc to the right pc. we only get as far as the router. So as far as that goes, our routing tables are complete and allow us talking across. I was thinking it was a subnet issue or something.

Thanks.

Robert

Silver

Thanks for the info.

Just as I mentioned before, the gateway for subnet 192.168.1.0 at LHS router is missing. Just configure 10.145.17.3 for this subnet. i.e. configure a static route for 192.168.1.0 at LHS router.

You can remove the 'advanced routing' for 192.168.1.0 at LHS router. I believe unless you also enable this 'advanced routing' at RHS router then they can talk to each other, otherwise, just use static route is fine.

The IP addressing & mask is ok.

Hope this solve the problem.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content