cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SMART Serial interface pinout assignment

wireheadz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, does anybody knows the pinout assignment for this Smart Serial Connector?

Im planning to build a cross cable DTE TO DCE with both ends are smart serial connectors however I couldnt find any documentation regarding the pinout details such as DTS, CTS, TX, RX, etc.

5 Replies 5

hi sushi, thanks for the reply but still i dont see the pin assignment for this smart serial. i want to make my own cross cable just like (CAB-SS-2626-X)

BR,

Hi, unless you have two cables to sacrifice, that is a difficult cable to make, as the connector is hard to source and solder.

The ready made cable can be found on the leading auctions site for less than $20, shipping included.

Hi p.bevilacqua, thanks for your suggestion, actually i have two cables (smart serial in one end and the other end is D25 RS232). I made a back to back D25 RS232 converter and connect both cables. Now I have already back to back smart serial connections with the converter in the middle however i am not sure about the pinout assignment for the smart serial. I just followed the pinout diagram for crosscable on the RS232, It worked actually when I connect the cable between my routers however I had to configure clock rate on both serial interfaces as if both serial interfaces are acting as DCE. If all else fails, then I have to buy one. :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card