Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SMART Serial interface pinout assignment

Hello, does anybody knows the pinout assignment for this Smart Serial Connector?

Im planning to build a cross cable DTE TO DCE with both ends are smart serial connectors however I couldnt find any documentation regarding the pinout details such as DTS, CTS, TX, RX, etc.

5 REPLIES

Re: SMART Serial interface pinout assignment

hi sushi, thanks for the reply but still i dont see the pin assignment for this smart serial. i want to make my own cross cable just like (CAB-SS-2626-X)

BR,

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Hi, unless you have two cables to sacrifice, that is a difficult cable to make, as the connector is hard to source and solder.

The ready made cable can be found on the leading auctions site for less than $20, shipping included.

Hi p.bevilacqua, thanks for your suggestion, actually i have two cables (smart serial in one end and the other end is D25 RS232). I made a back to back D25 RS232 converter and connect both cables. Now I have already back to back smart serial connections with the converter in the middle however i am not sure about the pinout assignment for the smart serial. I just followed the pinout diagram for crosscable on the RS232, It worked actually when I connect the cable between my routers however I had to configure clock rate on both serial interfaces as if both serial interfaces are acting as DCE. If all else fails, then I have to buy one. :)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content