Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

SNMP Configuration

Hi,

I configured SNMP with following command, with this command i can able to view all the port traffic and event details in that router but i want to send only one interface ex:Fastethernet0/0 traffic and event details to my SNMP server. please assist me.

Cisco#Snmp server community public RO

Thanks,

Karthik

2 REPLIES

Re: SNMP Configuration

Hi Karthim,

What you are asking is not performed in router configuration. The current setting on the router allows hosts using the 'public' community to request any info the router has available. When you want to request info for just a single interface, you must send a query for just that info.

This request comes from your snmp server (the MIB browser).

My assumption is that you are currently requesting data for the whole interface list. You must go one level deeper.

In most cases this requires the creation of special queries on the snmp server specifying the interface id you want.

Apart from this, it is no different from requesting all info. No router modifications are necessary.

regards,

Leo

Re: SNMP Configuration

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content