cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

So 520 W no Internet connection

ribeirodante
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone I am very new to cisco so please bare with me.  I have a small business and am trying to use my router for about 18 laptops. The problem is I can connect to it with my password and get good strength with 54 mpbs but cannot actually use the Internet.  I have changed frequencies and a a few other things to see if I can fix it.  Any suggestions as to what my problem might be?  Thanks in advance

7 Replies 7

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

My first question would be about how your router is connected to the Internet and to verify that you can access Internet resources from the router.

My second question would be whether you have configured network address translation on the router for the addresses used by your PCs.

HTH

Rick

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH

Rick

Thanks for your reply.  I am connected through a cat 6 switch that opens to 6 ports and as for network address translation idk what you mean

If you do not know what is network address translation, then I am guessing that it is not configured on your router and that this is the cause of your problem in accessing the Internet.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks I guess I will have to do some research do you have any information on how to set this up its very important I get this up by monday

It appears that the 520 is quite different from most of the routers that I deal with. But this link should give you some direction about configuring address translation.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/500/520/software/configuration/guide/520scg_ppp_ethernet_nat.html#wp1097099

Good luck if you need to get this working by Monday.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I have tried everythingto no avail if there is any help pleaselet me know

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, post in "Small Business - routers". You can move your posting with the Actions panel on the right.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card