Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Source based routing with 3750 layer 3 switch

Is it possible to do source based routing on a 3750 switch? This is my core vlan routing device.

Here is the situation. I have a vlan which I want all traffic (including internet) to default to 3725 router, to be shuttled out it's serial port, rather then sent to the default route.

I know this is done through policy based routing, as I have done it before on the 3725. However, after creating the route-map, when I go into the vlan interface I cannot run the command "ip policy route-map <name>". It stops at policy, saying it's an undefined command.

Does anyone have any idea on how to do this on a a layer 3 switch, or can it not be done?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Source based routing with 3750 layer 3 switch

I'm pretty sure PBR is supported on 3750's. It may require enhanced image though. Do a show version and see if you are running standard or enhanced image.

Daniel

Bronze

Re: Source based routing with 3750 layer 3 switch

Actually, I just looked at the latest configuration guide and it says you need to enable PBR.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804764c7.html#wp1228588

In global configuration mode -

sdm prefer routing

Daniel

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content