Please find attached my branch office Network diagram. I am very new to this place so i am trying to understand the setup now.
I have attached the current diagram. as per the diagram one switch has been configured as the Root Switch for all the running Vlans except vlan 123.
1. If the root switch get switched off or disconnected from the network will all the vlan communications happen between switches or entire network will network go down?
2. Vlan 123 root switch is been configured as BNC-admin-Sw01 what difference does not make when it as a root switch for vlan 123?. when the other root switch goes down can the VLan123 network can communicate eachother?
3. Why they have configured Vlan 123 root switch as a separate switch ?
1) Yes i have verified the connectivity between all the switches and found out there is no alternative paths to other switches.
My question :- since there is no alternative path availble between switches is there any special reason to configure the Spanning tree with Root switch ? will the default spanning-tree config "Spanning-free pvst " in all switches will do the spanning-tree function ?
3) Yes . i found out Vlan 123 only resides in BNC-admin-sw01 & Sw02 .
There is no ports configured with Vlan1.
"you have bpdu filter enabled I would use bpu guard instead in combination with portfast.
BPDU filter can easily be a cause of problems in a network it is enough to connect two ports with a cable to get a loop.
Bpdu guard disables a port when it listens a bpdu but allows bpdus to be sent out so it is able to deal with the event same cable connecting two ports."
Last week we had a network outage due to this bpdu filter i think. In our conference room there were two cables dropped to connect to pcs . someone brought one Dlink switch and connected those 2 cables in to the switch . entire network were going in a loop untill we found out the culprit and his switch. we removed the switch from the network and everything became normal.
Shall i remove the BPDUfilter and add bpdu guard so that i can restrict users connect third switches to our network?
Thanks for your kind reply and advice. i will follow things as u specified.
Please find attached the Sample switch config which i have tested in the spare switch. i have aslo configured port security with maximum alowed mac is 1 on the switch port. "Spanning-tree portfast" command i have not included in the config.should i add that in the config or leave it as it is?
This document gives several answers on frequently asked questions for PFRv3 channel state behavior.
Q1: What are all the channel operational states from a BR (border role) perspective and what are the rules/conditions to be in each st...
The need was to reach an host inside a LAN through a VPN connection managed by the LAN gateway (Cisco 1921).
The LAN gateway performs NAT and there was a dedicate nat rule for the host i wanted to reach through VPN.
I couldn't connect to the hos...
We have 3 identical switches configured by someone else and would like to claim some of the Gigabit ports(G1/G2/G3/G4) for use on servers. When we try to change the wiring and configuration, we run in to connectivity issues. Attached is a des...