Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

speed and duplex.

Please help me on these.

I have 2 no?s of 6506, connection as shown below. The connectivity is Ethernet from MUX to the switch. The link to the switch A is up and I am able to ping to the Switch A by connecting the laptop instead of the switch B, the connected interface is in Half Duplex and 100Mbps. But at the switch B I have connected the 1000Base-T (GLC-T) to the slot WS-X6724 SFP the interface shows Full Duplex 1000Mbps and the status is down. I am not able to change the speed and Duplex at the switch B. if I change the speed at the switch A the interface goes down.

6506 A---MUX A-------------MUX B---6506 B

Please let me know what I need to do at the switch B for the link to work.

2 Replies 2

jarvar832004
Level 1
Level 1

This might be solved by toggling the negotiation state on the port.

You may refer the link for the procedure and the explanation

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps4999/products_tech_note09186a00807a30d6.shtml#support1

mukeshpal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If you are doing hardcoding your end, then pls inform to service provider to do the same setting their end...i.e. Half duplex and speed 100 mbps. and make sure your both end should be configured with the same setting. then this problem will be resolved.

Regards...Mukesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card