cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST / 4G LTE Branch Router

Texas_Bay
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently designing a new branch router solution that will utilize the Cisco 2921 ISR G2 Router.  Any feedback positive or negative will be greatly appreciated, thanks for your assistance…

Here is the tentative solution:

Hardware:

Cisco 2921 ISR G2 with 4 ports FXO / FXS for SRST and an EHWIC-4G-LTE-V (Verizon 4G LTE Broadband) for redundant WAN Connectivity

Solution:

Cisco 2921 ISR G2 will utilize the MPLS as the primary avenue for communication to the HQ location. If this connection is severed then the Verizon 4G LTE Broadband will connect to Verizon for Internet Access then a Site-to-Site VPN will be established for redundancy to the HQ location. The redundant connection will be configured to become active when only the primary connection is not available; this will be monitored by using Class-Based Weighted Fair Queuing or Preferred Static Routes with weights attached. When the connection to CCM is not available then SRST will become active and users will have access to make and receive phone calls.

Any feedback positive or negative will be greatly appreciated, thanks for your assistance…

2 Replies 2

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It is a valid solution

However you need to take I to consideration the bandwidth difference and latency between the mpls link and the 4G one if the 4G is not enough then you can block sccp to go over the 4G in the case of failover when the mpls is down and you will enforce the srst to be triggered

Other than this I don't see any issue with it

Hope this help

If helpful rate

mmason221
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Jessie-could you share any of your config? I am starting into a EHWIC-4G-LTE-V install and have 4 cellular interfaces available. I'll continue to search for configuration examples.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card