Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH Error!

VasifKasim0v
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning!

I had cisco 7206 router with ssh server enabled on it. After clearing nvram and deploying the same config file(copy and paste), i can't enable ssh! .there is no "crypto key generate" command.

Has anybody had the same problem?

4 Replies 4

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

You have to make sure that your router has a host name and IP domain name configured before you can issue this command.

Note also the the "crypto key generate" command is not saved in the router configuration; however, the RSA keys generated by this command are saved in the private configuration in NVRAM (which is never displayed to the user or backed up to another device).

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Regards,

Paresh

They both were configured...But the problem is when i tried to configure ssh first time with crypto command, router asked me to configure ip domain name first!.Then i managed to generate a key.But know i can't even see the crypto command...I can see nothing related with ssh....("transport input ssh" in vty line config mode....SSH isnot there!)

Hello,

you might want to try to unlock the previously configured key with the command:

7206# crypto key unlock rsa name key1.domain.com passphrase cisco

Change the key name to the one you have configured...

Regards,

GP

I found the solution.Problem was related with system image! I have two ios loaded to flash.One support ssh,the other doesn,t.After erasing nvram and reloading router it booted from old image!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: