cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH on 3745 running IOS 12.3(3g)

seancp001
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup SSH on a Cisco 3745 router running IOS version 12.3(3g) and it doesn't have the "crypto" command needed to run "crypto key generate rsa". Is this a limitation of the router or IOS or is there something else I have to enable or do to get the crypto command working? Thanks!

3 Replies 3

tdrais
Level 7
Level 7

You need a version of ios that has the feature.

There are special version of IPBASE that contain this feature. IPSECURTY and ADVANCEDIPSERIVES also contain it.

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sean

It is not a limitation of the router and is a limitation of the IOS. Some of the feature sets of IOS do have support for crypto and some do not. It appears that your feature set does not have the crypto support. You would need to load a different feature set (not necessarily a different version) to get the crypto support.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sean,

You need to have a crypto image to configure Secure Shell.

The best place to research Software, Feature, Platform, Image, etc., is the Feature Navigator. You can also compare feature sets.

Please refer the below URL for details.

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Arul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: