Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSH

guys in out company we are config ssh on out routers and swithes but requirmnet is that it shd support both version (1 and 2) i know how to enable ssh but is there any specific comand to enable these both ??? can someone help me plz

6 REPLIES

Re: SSH

No you can enable either of the versions but not both

Why is it a requirement to support both versions? If your devices support SSHv2, i would recommend configuring v2 while the non supporting ones can be left at v1

Narayan

since this is regarding ssh, i have this cisco 2801 that i wanted to enable ssh. however i cannot enter commands such as "cry key generate rsa" and "ip ssh ..". Don't know y? they are unrecognized commands!

IOS 12.4(20)T1.

any hints y?

thnx

It appears that you don't have a crypto version IOS. You will need to download a crypto IOS, and upgrade the IOS.

HTH,

Mark

I was about to answer my issue since i just found out in the release notes...but you're too fast. So i'll rate you for that.

thnx

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Robert

Since Mark did correctly analyze your problem and suggest the correct solution, I am surprised that you rated his as a 2. I think that he deserves better and I will give him better.

HTH

Rick

Thanks Rick!

I appreciate the support,

Mark

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content