Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stable IOS supporting IPX Protocol and Microwave

Hi Community,

I have this version of IOS for my Cisco 2811 router : c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.124-11.XJ4.

I want to know if this version support IPX protocol and microwave in order to interconnect many sites.

Also what is the stable version of IOS for Cisco 2811 router ? which support IPX and microwave.

Thanks for response

Joseph

Network Engineer

1 Reply 1

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

It is possible to utilize a pair of Cisco routers to convert from RS232 to IP and back to RS232. Through the use of Block Serial Tunneling (BSTUN), a serial interface on a Cisco router can be configured to encapsulate the serial traffic into IP.It may also be possible to leverage the router to service other traffic types. Examples of healthcare-specific legacy protocols still in wide use include serial printers, bisync printers, SNA, LAT, IPX, and DECnet. Since many of these legacy protocols are still found in many healthcare organizations, providing a dual use for a wiring closet based Cisco router can help offset the cost differential to that of point systems.

BSTUN is supported on the following platforms using IOS version 12.4(17):

Router series 2801, 2811, 2821, 2851

For more information refer the document to click this URL

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Verticals/Mobile_Care_Imatis/mobcare_5.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card